Miners Rest Memories
Miners Rest memories
Members of the Miners Rest community have come together to produce a heritage trail and record memories of long-term local Mr Bill Loader.
Check out the location of valued historical places in Miners Rest and listen to Bill's tales of days gone by.
Miners Rest Heritage Trail
Miners Rest Heritage Trail - Yellow Points
- Arranmore Gates - 80 Howe St
- Newmarket Hotel and Cobb & Co Stables – 135 Howe St
- Former Post Office and Shop – 216 Howe St
- Former Albert Street Stores – Bakers, Butchers & Tailor – 6-12 Albert St
- Bluestone House – Cnr Giffard & Miners Rest Road
- Soldiers Drain – Miners Rest Road
- Former Uniting Church – 10 -12 Creswick St
- Former James Scobie Home – Cnr Creswick St and Dundas St
- Former Midas Railway Station – Cnr Midas Road and Mount Pisgah Road
- Barnfield – 195 Kennedys Road
Miners Rest Points of Historical Interest - Red Points
- Former Derby Hotel
- Former St Paul’s Church of England
- Former Wesleyan Church
- Former Police Station and Residence
- Former Brickworks
- Former Flour Mill
- Miners Rest Primary School
- Miners Rest Hall
- Dundas Street Swamp
- Former Blacksmiths
- War Memorial
- Dowling Forest Race Course
- Dowling Forest Cemetery
Bill Loader's Story
Local resident and historian Bill Loader shares his memories, stories and tales of life in Miners Rest.
Hear more from Bill Loader about the Derby Hotel in Miners Rest on YouTube.
Find out more about the Miners Rest community at the Making Miners Rest facebook page.
This project has been funded through the City of Ballarat and undertaken by Yum Studio in conjunction with members of the Miners Rest community. Special thanks to Mr Bill Loader for sharing his story and to passionate local residents for their drive to make this project a reality.