What makes Ballarat: Ballarat
This website is your portal to access resources to better understand Ballarat – its distinct identity, culture, environment, history and personality – and local people’s aspirations for our city. These tools allow us to work together to create a future for Ballarat that is valued and valuable to everyone.
On this website you will find:
- The HUL tookit containing resources for understanding Ballarat’s distinct identity, culture, environment, history and values. These tools are designed to inform developments and initiatives undertaken within the City of Ballarat
- A mapping interface that starts to bring together historic and new data about Ballarat called VisualisingBallarat
- Connections to research on Ballarat
- A place for people to have an internet 'home' for their projects
- Connections to existing community activities on Ballarat
- Information about the new landscape-based approach (HUL) helping us come together to shape Ballarat's future
- Links into the international 'HUL' community.
This website is dedicated to the memory of Dr Ron van Oers, Vice-Director of WHITRAP who passed away suddenly on 28 April 2015.
A tree and a family...
Do you visit the memorial tree of a relative who served in WWI, or are you curious to locate their tree for the first time? Read Helen Hunter's reflection on visiting a fa... Read More >
- 2019 Ballarat Heritage&Design Excellence Awards winners announced!
The HUL blog is back!
We kick off a new series of history-focussed blog posts by looking at the public debate on Darwin's Origin of the Species in Ballarat in the 1860s when it was released. Read More >
People's choice heritage awards now open.Vote for you favourite heritage project. Read More >
- More News >