What makes Ballarat: Ballarat
This website helps you contribute to how we deal with change in Ballarat by getting to know our people, culture and place: the things that make our city distinctive and valued. This includes our past, present and how we shape our future.
The HUL mapping portal Visualising Ballarat: www.visualisingballarat.org.au
Over time, this website will include a growing set of tools designed to help stakeholders, community members, practitioners and researchers come together in a collaborative way. Stage 1 starts the process of bringing together community activities, research and data from government, academics and other sources. It includes:
- A mapping interface that brings together historic and new data about Ballarat called VisualisingBallarat
- Connections to research on Ballarat
- A place for people to have an internet 'home' for their projects
- Connections to existing community activities on Ballarat
- Information about the new landscape-based approach (HUL) helping us come together to shape Ballarat's future
- Links into the international 'HUL' community.
This website is dedicated to the memory of Dr Ron van Oers, Vice-Director of WHITRAP who passed away suddenly on 28 April 2015.
Congrats Ballarat! First intercultural city in the southern hemisph...
On Friday 24 March, the City of Ballarat became the first city in the southern hemisphere to join the Council of Europe&... Read More >
Doctor Blake's Ballarat
A new exhibition of ABC and BBC series, The Doctor Blake Mysteries, designed by the show's own production designer, ... Read More >
A fantastic display of dolls, teddys and toys
The Learmonth&District Historical Society will host an exhibition of toys, dolls and teddys from 8 to 14 March 2017. Read More >
Start your White Night Ballarat experience with a conversation!
'Big Walk to Golden Mountain' raises fascinating questions about different ways of viewing and responding to the... Read More >
- More News >