What makes Ballarat: Ballarat
This website helps you contribute to how we deal with change in Ballarat by getting to know our people, culture and place: the things that make our city distinctive and valued. This includes our past, present and how we shape our future.
The HUL mapping portal Visualising Ballarat: www.visualisingballarat.org.au
Over time, this website will include a growing set of tools designed to help stakeholders, community members, practitioners and researchers come together in a collaborative way. Stage 1 starts the process of bringing together community activities, research and data from government, academics and other sources. It includes:
- A mapping interface that brings together historic and new data about Ballarat called VisualisingBallarat
- Connections to research on Ballarat
- A place for people to have an internet 'home' for their projects
- Connections to existing community activities on Ballarat
- Information about the new landscape-based approach (HUL) helping us come together to shape Ballarat's future
- Links into the international 'HUL' community.
This website is dedicated to the memory of Dr Ron van Oers, Vice-Director of WHITRAP who passed away suddenly on 28 April 2015.
Congrats Ballarat - first intercultural city in the southern hemisp...
On Friday 24 March, the City of Ballarat became the first city in the southern hemisphere to join the Council of Europe&... Read More >
Doctor Blake's Ballarat
A new exhibition of ABC and BBC series, The Doctor Blake Mysteries, designed by the show's own production designer, ... Read More >
A fantastic display of dolls, teddys and toys
The Learmonth&District Historical Society will host an exhibition of toys, dolls and teddys from 8 to 14 March 2017. Read More >
Start your White Night Ballarat experience with a conversation!
'Big Walk to Golden Mountain' raises fascinating questions about different ways of viewing and responding to the... Read More >
- More News >