What makes Ballarat: Ballarat
This website helps you contribute to how we deal with change in Ballarat by getting to know our people, culture and place: the things that make our city distinctive and valued. This includes our past, present and how we shape our future.
The HUL mapping portal Visualising Ballarat: www.visualisingballarat.org.au
Over time, this website will include a growing and evolving set of tools designed to help stakeholders, community members, practitioners and researchers come together in a collaborative way. Stage 1 starts the process of bringing together community activities, research and data from government, academics and other sources. It includes:
- A mapping interface that starts to bring together historic and new data about Ballarat called VisualisingBallarat
- Connections to research on Ballarat
- A place for people to have an internet 'home' for their projects
- Connections to existing community activities on Ballarat
- Information about the new landscape-based approach (HUL) helping us come together to shape Ballarat's future
- Links into the international 'HUL' community.
This website is dedicated to the memory of Dr Ron van Oers, Vice-Director of WHITRAP who passed away suddenly on 28 April 2015.
The HUL blog is back!
We kick off a new series of history-focussed blog posts by looking at the public debate on Darwin's Origin of the Species in Ballarat in the 1860s when it was released. Read More >
People's choice heritage awards now open.Vote for you favourite heritage project. Read More >
What is heritage?
2019 Ballarat Heritage Weekend is almost here! Check this out.... Read More >
2019 Ballarat Heritage and Design Excellence Awards - now open!
This year, in celebration of their 10th anniversary, the Awards have been invigorated with a brand new category and ceremony format to open the Ballarat Heritage Weekend. Read More >
- More News >