What makes Ballarat: Ballarat
This website helps you contribute to how we deal with change in Ballarat by getting to know our people, culture and place: the things that make our city distinctive and valued. This includes our past, present and how we shape our future.
The HUL mapping portal Visualising Ballarat: www.visualisingballarat.org.au
Over time, this website will include a growing set of tools designed to help stakeholders, community members, practitioners and researchers come together in a collaborative way. Stage 1 starts the process of bringing together community activities, research and data from government, academics and other sources. It includes:
- A mapping interface that brings together historic and new data about Ballarat called VisualisingBallarat
- Connections to research on Ballarat
- A place for people to have an internet 'home' for their projects
- Connections to existing community activities on Ballarat
- Information about the new landscape-based approach (HUL) helping us come together to shape Ballarat's future
- Links into the international 'HUL' community.
This website is dedicated to the memory of Dr Ron van Oers, Vice-Director of WHITRAP who passed away suddenly on 28 April 2015.
PROV Local History Grants now open!
Public Record Office Victoria is now accepting applications for 2018-2019 Local History Grants.Previous years have seen ... Read More >
Heritage Weekend 3D Virtual Tours - available now on HUL Ballarat!!!
Explore parts of the Old Ballarat Gaol, BMI basement, Tram No. 14 and more for the very first time in 3D! Read More >
Ballarat Heritage Awards winners announced!
The 2018 Ballarat Heritage Awards winners have been announced. Congratulations to all the winners and thank you for your... Read More >
Ballarat Heritage Weekend - 26-27 May - don't miss it!
100 years of technology - see the city like you've never seen it before! Read More >
- More News >