What makes Ballarat: Ballarat
This website helps you contribute to how we deal with change in Ballarat by getting to know our people, culture and place: the things that make our city distinctive and valued. This includes our past, present and how we shape our future.
The HUL mapping portal Visualising Ballarat: www.visualisingballarat.org.au
Over time, this website will include a growing set of tools designed to help stakeholders, community members, practitioners and researchers come together in a collaborative way. Stage 1 starts the process of bringing together community activities, research and data from government, academics and other sources. It includes:
- A mapping interface that brings together historic and new data about Ballarat called VisualisingBallarat
- Connections to research on Ballarat
- A place for people to have an internet 'home' for their projects
- Connections to existing community activities on Ballarat
- Information about the new landscape-based approach (HUL) helping us come together to shape Ballarat's future
- Links into the international 'HUL' community.
This website is dedicated to the memory of Dr Ron van Oers, Vice-Director of WHITRAP who passed away suddenly on 28 April 2015.
The SongWays music mapping project is now live!
Explore and contribute to Ballarat's vibrant musical heritage today. Read More >
Ballarat heritage celebrations throughout May 2017
Ballarat is celebrating its much loved heritage throughout the month of May, culminating in the Ballarat Heritage Weeken... Read More >
Congrats Ballarat! First intercultural city in the southern hemisph...
On Friday 24 March, the City of Ballarat became the first city in the southern hemisphere to join the Council of Europe&... Read More >
Doctor Blake's Ballarat
A new exhibition of ABC and BBC series, The Doctor Blake Mysteries, designed by the show's own production designer, ... Read More >
- More News >