What makes Ballarat: Ballarat
This website helps you contribute to how we deal with change in Ballarat by getting to know our people, culture and place: the things that make our city distinctive and valued. This includes our past, present and how we shape our future.
The HUL mapping portal Visualising Ballarat: www.visualisingballarat.org.au
Over time, this website will include a growing set of tools designed to help stakeholders, community members, practitioners and researchers come together in a collaborative way. Stage 1 starts the process of bringing together community activities, research and data from government, academics and other sources. It includes:
- A mapping interface that brings together historic and new data about Ballarat called VisualisingBallarat
- Connections to research on Ballarat
- A place for people to have an internet 'home' for their projects
- Connections to existing community activities on Ballarat
- Information about the new landscape-based approach (HUL) helping us come together to shape Ballarat's future
- Links into the international 'HUL' community.
This website is dedicated to the memory of Dr Ron van Oers, Vice-Director of WHITRAP who passed away suddenly on 28 April 2015.
Ballarat's Preliminary Heritage Plan released for public comment
'Our People, Culture and Place' outlines a plan of action for applying HUL to 2030. Feedback due by 12 Sept 2016... Read More >
NOW AVAILABLE: THE HUL GUIDEBOOK
'THE HUL GUIDEBOOK' has been launched at the League of Historical Cities 15th World Conference in Austria. Downl... Read More >
'Seeing the land from an Aboriginal canoe' wins highly commended MA...
This award winning video by Wind&Sky Productions explores the little known contribution Aboriginal people made in coloni... Read More >
Now's the time to have your say on the future of Ballarat East.
Have we Captured Your Ballarat East? Discussion paper now available. Read More >
- More News >