What makes Ballarat: Ballarat
This website helps you contribute to how we deal with change in Ballarat by getting to know our people, culture and place: the things that make our city distinctive and valued. This includes our past, present and how we shape our future.
The HUL mapping portal Visualising Ballarat: www.visualisingballarat.org.au
Over time, this website will include a growing set of tools designed to help stakeholders, community members, practitioners and researchers come together in a collaborative way. Stage 1 starts the process of bringing together community activities, research and data from government, academics and other sources. It includes:
- A mapping interface that brings together historic and new data about Ballarat called VisualisingBallarat
- Connections to research on Ballarat
- A place for people to have an internet 'home' for their projects
- Connections to existing community activities on Ballarat
- Information about the new landscape-based approach (HUL) helping us come together to shape Ballarat's future
- Links into the international 'HUL' community.
This website is dedicated to the memory of Dr Ron van Oers, Vice-Director of WHITRAP who passed away suddenly on 28 April 2015.
Situations vacant: Two heritage positions at the City of Ballarat
Join the City of Ballarat's new 'Heritage and Cultural Landscapes' (HUL) team. Read More >
Ballarat&District Genealogical Society win coveted State award
The BDGS have won the Victorian Community History Awards 'CENTENARY OF WW1 2016' in recognition of the best work... Read More >
Ballarat's Preliminary Heritage Plan
'Our People, Culture and Place' outlines a plan of action for applying HUL to 2030. The final plan will come out... Read More >
NOW AVAILABLE: THE HUL GUIDEBOOK
'THE HUL GUIDEBOOK' has been launched at the League of Historical Cities 15th World Conference in Austria. Downl... Read More >
- More News >